Who we are
This is the “virtual home” of the Mass PBS Community of Practice (CoP). A CoP is a group of people who share a concern, a set of problems, or a passion about a topic, and deepen their knowledge and expertise by interacting on an ongoing basis.
Why we choose this model
- PBS is an overarching approach to supporting individuals. It’s a way of thinking about people, not a separate “project;” therefore, forming a community of practice is a much better fit than forming a traditional workgroup or taskforce. With PBS, there will always be the next best practice iteration and the next discussion about how we know we are successful practitioners of PBS.
- A community of practice has some great benefits of not going it alone. It’s a place to share struggles, explore strategies, get support, and share the big wins and breakthroughs.
- Benefits extend to individual members as well as organizations and the larger community and include:
- Continual learning/ professional development
- Access to expertise/networking
- Long-term/continuous peer and interdisciplinary support
- Reduced learning curves
- Knowledge sharing and distribution
- Promotion of standards
- Support and promotion of key initiatives
- Linking of geographically dispersed practitioners
- Increased efficiency
Who can join?
This is a members only site. Membership is open to any DDS Service Provider agency. Please contact Cyndy Miller at Cynthia.F.Miller@mass.gov to be added to this site.